March 8, 2012

It's my LIFE! Its now or never!

In celebration of International Women's Day today, I would like to share something invaluable with you. YOU who come back here daily if not regularly to read my blog. Thanks because I know you care. Care for what I am doing right now in my life. Care enough to read although may not find a good enough reason to catch up with me in person ...yet I still wish you can receive inspiration from here as many people can.

Have you done your life review? Your life audit? A lot of things you used to think about yourself, your past, your mistakes, your achievements, your accomplishments, your relationships, your life right now... are these thinkings yours? Or are they what others want you to be? Notions people put on you in the past?
It reminds me of what my mentor once told me, "If you don't plan your life, someone else will plan it for you. And it may not be God's plan."
Jane Fonda at TedTalks is speaking about Rebirth.
"Today, people are living longer... 35years longer than our grandparents. It's like we gain an extra adult life. Yet, are we living life fullest?"


So readers, when do we start living? Must it be when we face death? As what Steve Jobs famously say? Live your life, live your dream.

Stop kidding yourself that you are happy with the money you are earning.
Stop kidding yourself that as long as the ricebowl is filled, you are contented already.
YOU Of all people, know it best, when the lights go out, you are facing no one but yourself.
Ask yourself this, are you in truth, contented with the life you currently live right now? The relationship you are in, the job you are having, the life you are living..

ROUTINE VS DREAMS
Routine is very tempting, because it is comfortable. Most people stayed at their jobs, because its difficult and uncomfortable to make changes if not abrupt. Afraid of the economy, afraid of the turbulences, afraid of steppingout, they rather continue dissatisfied at status quo.
Dreams are very tempting too, because it is exhilarating. Yet to get to that, there are some risks to take, leaps to jump, and new territories to conquer.
Notice that Routine is about the past & current? You are using your brain to look back.
And Dreams are about the future? Your heart wants to look forward.

You probably want to review your life now, no matter where you are now, how old you already are, who you are, or think you are, re-look at your life closely. Are you fitting in, blending in, becoming a subject of others' lives, not knowing who you are?
Fighting the mold others want us to fit in for their ideals is not an easy feat, but a truly fulfilling battle for yourself.
Fighting the mold others want us to fit in for their own purposes is not selfish, but its because you know nothing about yourself.
Not until you see it for yourself, who you are, the authentic you you have hidden, you wont be able to enjoy life and worry less.

Is there something you always wanted to do? But still fearing the unknown?
Today may be the day you step out and walk bravely.

~ xoxo, MakeUpByGelainza
Beauty Editor
Live Your Dream

1 comment:

  1. In all honesty, I think I am disillusioned at what I was doing. Was exciting at 1st, and it got mundane. I just make myself get in office at 8 and get off at 6. Sometimes i find myself alone at some place drinking a glass of Whiskey and look around. I seemed to find many people like me. (I assumed). Haha. They look tired, lost, alone, lots of things going through their mind. Thats quite sad isnt it?

    End of last year, i did the unthinkable, my friends think I am mad. I resigned from a good job and went to do somethings I always wanted to do. I felt better actually. Perhaps it may not be a good thing to do but I somehow felt really good. Having breakfast with the folks,walk my dog. I had dreams about Food and drinks amongst the big list, i set out to seek n learn more about it. Though the $$ i had dwindled but some stuff i picked up these 2-3 months of enriching break or learning cant be bought. It was a break away from the routine - For a moment that is. Haha.. I would love to break away with it forever. I am finding my purpose n life long dream. In my opinion,All along i knew what i wanted but it is taking a plunge in the wilderness that it is difficult.

    Now, I am looking forward to my next employment soon. I chose one that has more freedom and flexible. Hope it all goes well for me. I think everyone want to pursue their dreams, but i guess for some people the situation,the choices,the risk etc are too big for them. So they just gave up or they realize their dreams at such late stage in life that they regret.They spent all their life or most of it doing things they dont really like. Like robots without a purpose. Like you mentioned, they do not know who they are just yet. But well there might be difficulties thats why people forgo dreams. Cant really be help in such cases ~

    Very nice post you had here Gelainza, kinda made me feel i made the right decision despite all the protest and all i faced! Love reading your blog! ~

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete