February 2, 2012

My Current Beauty Routine

Skin's been acting a little strange lately with some clogged pores around the nose and chin.
Doing some reflections on my skin routine like I do on my life, I deduced that it could be due to some new makeup I'm using, could also be that the skincare is too rich or not not rich enough.

When your skin is lacking of moisture, it will be slightly more sensitive and vulnerable to external aggressors such as dust/ dirt etc.
When it has too much oil sebum, it gets all clogged up and acne may sprout out.

So instead of my elaborate 9-step skincare routine, I reduced them to only 6 steps.
All new skincare steps.

I am currently using :
1) Remove makeup - Sephora Cleansing Water
2) Cleanser - Muji Sensitive Cleansing Soap
3) Toner - Caudalie Beauty Elixir
4) Moisturiser - Muji Sensitive Moisturising Milk
5) Eye Cream - Boscia Eye Cream
6) Scrub - Libote Exfoliating Gel
7) Mask - Korean brands mask

As I was reflecting, I realised something.

Like a ultimate beauty epiphany! ;)

When my skin wants more attention, it loves to be pampered with Japanese/ Korean products.
Not only my taste buds lean towards Jap/Korean, even my skin also adores these Asian skincare!

Apparently, going back to basics means going back to my roots. Being Asian.
Love it!

Beauty Tip:
Don't be afraid of change. Change your skincare routine.
Nothing should stay fixed. If your skin has changed, its time you change.
No point staying on the same routine when what you need is NO longer what you have been accustomed to before. Change is always for the better. 


~ xoxo, MakeUpByGelainzaBeauty EditorLive Your Dream

2 comments:

  1. you seemed to look well in all those picture, other than good skincare habits what do you do? Eat well? Sleep well? You do any exercise? like? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,
    Thanks for the compliment!

    Eating habits usually prefer light stuff, seafood & greens! I don't sleep early thats for sure, usually 2am haha.
    Most important thing, do what you love and you will look good ;)

    hope this helps ;)

    ReplyDelete