July 29, 2013

The Cost of Higher Confidence with Smile


Smiledesign will improve the positioning of my teeth & show the top set of my teeth instead of bottom set.
New shorter haircut! ;) Can be styled 3 ways! Leaving office for appointments

In an "off-duty model" OOTD: cotton tee, blazer, leggings

People ask me,
"If there's one thing you would change on ur face, 
What would it be?"

I would reply, "MY TEETH!"

I like my straight small nose.
My eyes i'm fine with it.

For years, I didn't want to do braces it's becos it's ugly
And the process takes 2years.
It would be 2 years of "metal" things on my teeth when I smile.
And I wouldn't want to endure it.

That push factor that makes me reconsider the reconstruction of my
teeth is seein myself on videos & I hated it.

"It's cute!" 
"It's you!"
"Japanese girls all look like that!"

All these replies I used to hear from my ex-boyfriends & friends
When I said I want straighter teeth!

I don't really wanna be cute as I grow older.
Who says it won't be "me" anymore just because I "upgraded" my teeth??
I wanna smile better any angle, so what if I don't look japanese anymore?  

Then there is another group of friends who are more real will tell me,
"Why you still not doing ur teeth?"
"Have you ever thought of doing braces?"
"You should go do braces!"

I really want a better SMILE! & looks great from any angle 
when I talk or speak in front of large audiences.

So I started to brace myself and seriously thinking abt it. 
SO I did some SERIOUS research. It's so expensive! 

My 4 options:
• Invisalign 
• Smiledesign
• Traditional Braces (lowest preference as its a metal smile)

Invisalign:
So I went past a dental clinic that day near my house.
Went in & asked abt Invisalign.
Basically its invisible braces over ur teeth and works the same as braces.
Need extraction for most cases.
== Cost $7-8K, 12-mth instalment available & takes 2-2.5yrs.
(Singapore Dental Centre @SGH = $8-10k)

Smiledesign Consultation:
Today I went for my consultation with Dentist@Orchard
(Starhub Centre is where I used to take my ACCA degree)
And once i sat down at the dentist chair, 
I was immobilised for a FULL 30mins sales talk. *shudders

He went on non stop like a broken record 
Oh well I mean very practiced pitch.
He's professional and am sure he's good at what he does.
But just the sales talk like verbal vomit going on 
and on doesn't make my visit felt better or wanna sign up.

He showed me the computer as he felt its time
And case studies proof of people's teeth from crooked to straight
And I actually liked mostly what I saw.  

He says smiledesign its like renovation.
He will do a mock up with the sculpting of a mold.
The original teeth won't be weakened.
Using crowns & porcelain veneers & some gum surgery.
No extraction needed.
Might need to remove 2 nerves for my bottom 2 teeth.
Removing the nerves ==> 1) Blood wont flow to those 2 teeth anymore, 
which means might discolor over the years, but since will be covered in the 
new veneers, so wont be seen by others. 2) I wont feel pain on those 2 teeth anymore.
Today I learnt that teeth are dead things, just like our hair & skin on the surface, called the epidermis.
I know hair is dead and I only knew epidermis is the outermost layer on our skin. 
Didnt know it incld teeth & hair! 

The front will be pushed in & the rest fill up.
The crowns, veneers & inlays will be used to fill in & some shaving of teeth is required.
It wont weaken the teeth according to him.


OOTD 29jul - Blazer, V neck tee & leggings
Pain will be minimal with anaestesia.
Should not be eating hard stuff from them on.
Eg. Crab pincers, nuts & seeds.
Well I'm fine with that! 

He says will improve my smile & makes my lips look nicer.
It will also make my face look slimmer cos currently my jaw muscles are pretty prominent 
and big as compared to my face shape in proportion and he says its due to me 
clenching my jaws while i sleep?! (why i do that?)
Besides that, he says will also make my dark circles & eye bags go away, 
neck no more strain when i wake up. Haha plastic surgery ah?! 
The crowns & veneers will generally last 15-20yrs.

It will take ONLY 2 weeks for my teeth renovation.
== Total cost $8K, 12mth installment available.
($666/mth!)

Braces:
Singapore Dental Centre @SGH = Around $3.8- 6.2k depending on individual cases and would take 2 years at least.

AND NOW I am LOOKING FOR SPONSORS!!!

WHO CAN SPONSOR MY FEES???


Luve my makeup today! 
Look at my smile! I want straighter & perfect teeth although I already look pretty they say.




No comments:

Post a Comment