March 1, 2012

5 Minutes with Gelainza

People have been asking me about me, my life after Sephora, my passion, my dream, what I see myself going, in the next few years.... and mostly, describe myself.

So I rounded up the questions here they usually ask.

So READ ON IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

So you are INTERESTED. ^_~
Pretty plainly extremely so... if not you won't even be on my blog anyway! ;p

In that case, here's an invite to bring your eyes across the sentence to the right and then to the left now.

;p

Haha ok!

YOU: What’s your passion?
GK: Since young, I have a very very strong passion for VANITY! I started wearing lipstick & cheek blush as a little girl visiting relatives during CNY at age of 7-8. Love rummaging through my auntie's (who was working in the hotel line) cosmetics pouch and find stuff to play. My first brands YSL & Bourjois, were from her. And started using foundation when I was 14. Gosh I was THAT VAIN!
I remembered I just wanted to play & paint. Fave subject has always been Art, getting my fingers dirty...with paint! And then toyed with a Maybelline eyeliner at 15. Guess that little girl in me always wanted to look like a DOLL.
Remember those days after exams but still needed go back to school, everyone would bring their toys to school? The girls would bring barbie dolls and polly pockets. 

YOU: Wow! That was so interesting! Do you still play with dolls?
GK: Haha now I create dolls. Transforming a simple face to a magical doll-like face with makeup give me the THRILL. Nothing beats this satisfaction! Make magic using all my heart and love for people. The process of creation is just soooo indulging. I just see myself doing this for a long time. Better yet I get paid doing what I LOVE. ;) 

YOU: Now let’s hear the easy stuff. What do you do to relax?
GK: When I’m not working, I usually head out to Orchard to browse, to get inspiration, to simply feast my eyes on beautiful things, to touch them - clothes, MAKEUP (I go totally delirious when I see makeup!) & anything that catches my eye. I am like a little girl in a candy store when I walk into boutiques that have my favorite things. Other than shopping, love chillout over tea & frapps for afternoons or meeting like-minded people. Enjoys chatting with people, listening to people's stories and sharing things we like in common together. Love people-watching immensely too. On the streets. They inspire me for either because they are stylish or stylo!) or damn Singaporeans! (Ok, kidding!)

At home, sipping a hot cup of rose tea and paint shoes, paint my face, paint the face charts, play with my makeup swatching and musing over looks I can create. There are simply so many things to do. I love strolling in the parks and picnics too. Love the zoo and science centre, museums... ;p I love yoga too. That's like a lot of things I love...

YOU: Yoga? No wonder you look so slim.
GK: Yeah I love it. Kinda my body wants it. Wakes up and naturally goes into the flow to stretch. My mum used to say I stretch like a cat, rising from her nap. Btw not many people know this, I am also a certified yoga master ;)


YOU: Oh wow! You are a tiny package of all sorts! What else do we not know about you?
GK: Haha just love learning new things. It keeps me feeling alive! I was formerly / formally trained in accountancy, auditing, financials before making the insane career switch from earning a good income to starting from scratch, a counter girl at beauty brands. All my close friends told me I am outta my mind. But if I didnt do that, i wont be living a fruitful life as I am right now, meeting awesome creative people who inspire me and having lots of laughter, fun and ideas! I love my life now. Not that I hated it when i was in finance, but then again, that have toughened me up alot and starting from ground zero totally humbled me too. I am quite blessed to have advanced in a new industry considerably on the fastest lane to success & recognition. Yet all these came because I was prepared. And eager to learn. I am a girl 24/7 on beauty stuff & fashion. You can say I am breathing beauty & fashion 24/7. nothing less. 

YOU: I’m sure all the guys would like to know if this gorgeous babe is currently already taken or available.
GK: Yes I am. Single now. But not in a hurry to find love. Unless I meet someone who is serious and feels right. 

YOU: So your ideal guy would be...?
GK: Someone who is confident & driven. Doing something he loves & pursuing his dream. I think a guy is most attractive when he is serious at work and working intently on his goals. 

Men who are honest and with integrity and a sense of humour. I love a good laugh. They always say my laugh is super infectious! And he must be 100% faithful & takes good care of me. Ultimately, I dont go by the list. I go with my instincts. I am quite visual too. 
Is it really that rare to find in Singapore? They always say, these guys are already married or never exist. Tell me! Are they really all married & only in the dreams?


YOU: Do you think most guys get intimidated by your strong qualities?
GK: Yeah I get that very often. My girlfriends always tell me that most guys like those soft spoken girls, girls who are simple and not so high achievers. And I always get mistaken as already taken. So often guys also won't even dare to date me. But that's not true. Guys still ask, cos they are just guys.

Fortunately I am very good-humoured and amiable. I make friends easily. People who don't know me well, sometimes might think I look sweet. But I am very firm and always have my voice on my beliefs. 


YOU: Would you ever pursue a guy?
GK: It's the new age era perhaps. Don't be deceived by my modernista appearance, I am still quite traditional at heart when it comes to dating. 





~ xoxo, MakeUpByGelainza Beauty Editor Live Your Dream

1 comment:

  1. Ahh.. Now I know slightly a bit more about you. Nice! Haha.. You do seemed intimidating to ask you out for a meal! Haha.. But well, I will do it soon! haha -Dennis

    ReplyDelete